Sunday Ride & Why we wear helmets

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Mon Aug 13 12:21:32 PDT 2007

Yes, it is unusual.  I take this corner everyday going to
work.  The oncoming traffic comes over a rise and down a
hill whereas the other lanes of traffic are either going
straight or turning left onto the street in front of my
office.  Problem is a short sight line and the oncoming
traffic is doing about 55mph.  I'm sure he thought he could
make it and didn't.

I've been driving my daughters old and very tired Taurus
(166K and counting) the last couple of weeks and it is so
slow accellerating I won't take the chance.

Charles S.