NGPZ - More t'shootin' ...bike dies after highway run

Steven Bixby steven at bixbys.net
Fri Aug 17 16:43:24 PDT 2007

The link doesn't work... oh, wait, I found it via the menu item.
Someone needs to work on the site code so the links are valid. :)

Reading....  Agreed, interesting article.    However, I'm a bit
skeptical this is happening with her.  The weather's been moderately
warm and dry-ish here for the last few days, and the problem has
cropped up just recently -- out of 44K miles on this bike. (Not bad
for a 'starter bike')

So i'm inclined to think there's something else wrong.  I need to pull
the tank off to replace the kill switch (from the broken GPZ
right-hand grip I bought from someone here :) ), so I can check the
plugs for fouling and gap, check the tank vent tubes, carb tubes, fuel
filter, yada, yada.    This bike *does* still have the CA emissions
stuff installed - could these things be a factor?

This crap always seems to pop up just before going on a trip, what's
up with that??? :-/

For those that want to find it:
Go to:  http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/Main_Page

Click the "Intake" link
Click the "What is carburetor ice" link.