insurance

Buehrle, Michael Michael.Buehrle at ottawa.ca
Tue Jul 17 07:53:45 PDT 2007

Part of the reason we pay so much in Canada is we're req'd to have 1 mil.$ min. liability and in the Ontario jurisdiction the insurance cos. are obliged to pay a weekly stipend of starting at 400$ + expenses even if you were unemployed before becoming disabled in the accident. That's their excuse for the insane premiums here but in reality the insurance rarely pays out without years of court battles.