She no go

Ped pedmail at dbmail.dk
Thu Jan 17 13:57:50 PST 2008

Hi Simon,

With # 1 and 4 plugs clean and dry it shouldn't be a flooding problem.
Even if # 2 and 3 had been flooded at least # 1 and 4 should fire up. On
the other hand when it caught briefly it shouldn't be an ignition
problem either...?

Randy already suggested it's a flooding problem, giving the smell of
gas. I tend to agree with him, but there may be an ignition problem
also. This could also result in a smell of gas. I'll give you a couple
of hints as to the ignition - maybe one of them will work.

- are you sure that your kill switch is in the "run" position? (Happened
to me once :-[ ) Maybe the switch needs a little contact spray.
- are you sure your battery is in good condition? It may be able to
crank the engine for some time, but the voltage required to ignite may
be too low. This may be combined with:
- aging spark plug cables. This issue has been mentioned on this list
before and also in the German GPZ 1100 Forum. Aging spark plug cables
may cause rough running and starting problems.
- the side stand switch and the clutch switch may need cleaning and a
little contact spray. A combination of malfunction in the two switches
could cause no ignition
- have you installed an alarm with ignition cut-off? There could be a
fault in the alarm or the wiring (also happened to me).

Hope this helps.

Ped
'96 "Black Stealth" GPZ
Denmark