First ride after fork rebuild: brake funkiness + fork oil question

1KPerDay 1kperday at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 19:24:50 PDT 2008

Well I went through my records (and the empty oil container that's
still in my "maintenance pile" in my garage and it turns out I DID put
15W in... and topped it off with a little 10W. So that's not it. I
took it out for about a 260 miler today and it handles great (apart
from the shock, which needs refreshing) and the brakes work fine. You
only notice the 'thunk" at low speeds. The fork still bottoms over
gutters and sharp bumps... I think I'll try to add a bit of oil to the
forks until it stops.

--
Utah Jeff
'96 SheePz1100