No subject

ben millies ben_millies at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 19 21:11:37 PDT 2008

I just looked and the main jets are #110 just as the manual specifies...

Ben

What I do know for sure is that it is loading up with fuel when I give  > it throttle... so much so that it wants to stall.  It does cold and at  > operating temp, and both with and without the choke on.> It is stock, (airbox, pipes and all) I'm kinda thinking that maybe  > someone jetted it? Maybe planning on upgrading exhaust and such?> Any ideas? I'd really like to ride this thing!> Thanks!> _________________________________________________________________  I think you're on the right track with the jetting theory.  Check your  manual, and check the carbs, part for part.  Make sure your jets are  correct.  if the things have been "upgraded", but the exhaust left stock,  it'd be no wonder the bike is bogging down.Also, are the mixture screws set properly?  You might want to check this  as well.  The carbs might be dead perfect, save for being maybe a  quarter-turn out, or more. Just off the cuff, check your ignition pulser-coil pickup, as well.   Sometimes, ignition problems can disguise themselves as carburetion  issues, and vice versa.The pickup is probably fine (and stock) but it can't hurt. Hope this all helps amigo! Spoone in Seattle