2 Weeks till Durango

scapco at ecentral.com scapco at ecentral.com
Tue Jun 9 12:05:04 PDT 2009

Hey Jim,

I installed the Ventura rack and found it does work
together with the European bag mounts. I sure wish I'd had
this thing with me last year on my tour of western
Canukistan, it would have given me more room and made
strapping my sleeping bag and tent down a lot easier.  Now
I've just got to get some Vaseline so I can afford the bag
for it.  Jeez they want a mint for those damn things.
There's a slightly cheaper alternative on ebay that would
save $40, it's made in Oz and the guy has good reviews on
his bag.

Getting up your/Steve/Rob's way is a distinct possibility
next year.  I'd like to bring my own bike this time though
so I'm not worrying about crashing someone else bike.  I'd
probably tow out past the flatlands and then maybe ride the
rest of the way.  I really enjoyed riding Canada last
summer by myself and camping when and where I wanted.  It
would also be nice to meet up with some listers along the
way.  We'll see, but I'd definitely like to do it.

Charles S.

I'm having the same thoughts and problems.  With the high
water on the Ottawa River this spring I think I have 50%
of the crap, logs, leaves, fishing tackles, boat parts
that floated down stream from 900 km up stream
on my
beach.