Request for GPz tool

The Masons masonjs at nrtco.net
Thu Oct 29 10:13:27 PDT 2009

Hi:
Do any of you have an extra GPz spark plug socket they would like to sell?
I decided to change the plugs in my '05 Toyota Tacoma yesterday.  The
dealership wanted $150.00 for this job which included the plugs.  I bought 6
plugs for $40.00. I found the plugs are recessed in the head as the GPz
(like down a f&@#%ng well).  The plugs are 18 mm as none of the plug sockets
I had (5/8", 11/16", 3/4", 13/16" and 1.25" --1966 rotax skidoo engine)
would fit.  My 18 mm plug sockets are at the cottage with the Honda XLs.  I
did get the 5/8" to slide over the plug but the rubber inside fastened on
tight enough that the plug socket stayed with the plug when the extensions
came out.  I had to retrieve it with a pair of long duck billed pliers.
Another cold wet day.  I was hoping to get in another 1000 km of riding
before the onset of hibernation but it doesn't look like its going to
happen.

Jim