GPZList Digest, Vol 44, Issue 7

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Sun Jul 11 09:51:29 PDT 2010

Jim,

I installed my Oxford grips yesterday and they get really nice and
toasty.  I went for a short ride with them and liked how warm they got.
Only problem is the lights on the control box don't work so I have very
little idea whether it's on or off.

If you press the temp up or down button, the on button will flash green,
that's the only way, other than the heat, that you know they are on. I'm
not sure if the temp is changing with the up and down controls, but I
think it is.  I'm going to contact Oxford and the dealer and see if I
can get a new control box for it under warranty.  At least it's not too
hard to swap out if it's bad.  I noticed they mention the lights not
working in the instructions so maybe this isn't a rare problem.
Otherwise, I'm impressed with them.

I had one other problem that I had to work around.  Since I use a
Throttlemeister throttle lock, it turned out to be a minor hassle
getting it to work.  The Throttlemeister is a replacement bar end that
uses friction when you rotate it backwards and releases when you roll it
forward or clockwise.  It uses a 1" long rubber sleeve with a metal ring
inside that slips over the throttle tube for the Throttlemeister to push
against.  Normally you just roll the grip back and slip this under the
end, but you can't do that very well with the Oxford grip.  I ended up
trimming about about 1/4" off of the rubber sleeve and was able to roll
part of the grip backwards and get it on.  So far, it's seems to work
fine which is a relief.  I like my throttle lock a lot and would hate to
not have it on a long trip.

Charles S.