The one that started it all.

Thomas Hoy thoy at clearwire.net
Fri May 7 12:09:24 PDT 2010

Yeah, I know about air-tech.  The prices are darned reasonable, too.

I will use them for the lowers if I can't swoop 'em on ebay.  Red white blue
sides and rear are there for the pickin'.

Yes, my last zx900 ran hot in traffic too.  This one same.  On the run, the
temp gauge is middle-low, but in traffic too long and it goes middle-high to
high.  I think it has something to do with the wet-liners being a little on
the small side. It is, of course, the first H20 cooled inline four.

If you have the original manual, yes, I would love it.

This has instantly brought back memories of my youth.  I was 22 when I had
my first one, and 18 years later, it is almost better than I remember.

Yes, the fairing is kinda quirky-lookin' in front, but it's a likeable
quirky.

It is also still completely relevant in terms of power and performance,
With better 1/4 mile and top speed #'s than the last iteration of the z1000

I will definitely be picking up a corbin G/L for it.  I have one on my old
geeper, and I can't live without it.

The Geeper and the zx900 are completely different animals:  Geeper packs its
punch up over 6,000.  The zx900 has it all over the band.  Geeper sweeps
turns, the zx900 flicks (in comparison...) Yeah, I'm likin' it.

I also found Motad, who make replacement pipes for the geeper and the zx900
Very oem-replacement looking, but polished stainless steel... HMMMM...