Looking at a new bike

Alan Nicholls metrogtiguy at gmail.com
Tue May 25 11:43:16 PDT 2010

The big problem I'm having with the front end, is it feels squirrely.  Feels
like those poor thin tubes are flexing like no other when I turn hard into
corners.  If I'm scooting pretty good on it, it feels sloppy, and
unpredictable.  It has a tendency to make me go too wide on some turns, just
to feel like the front end isn't crawling all over.  Race Tech huh?  Sounds
like it's worth a look, but I don't think anything short of an un-findable
fork brace will do the trick. :(.  It does it the worst if I'm riding at a
"vigorous pace" on the freeway.  When I go to turn, it fights me a bit.  And
the lower I get it, the more it fights me :(.  Tires are good, forks were
just rebuilt, new seals, newer bearings on the front wheel and neck.