Looking at a new bike

Randolph Peters arpee44 at yahoo.com
Tue May 25 17:21:38 PDT 2010

Go for it Ralph.
Made the transition about 6 years ago and am into my second ZZR after Katrina took the first one.
Oodles more power than the Geeper but at a price. The Geeper is smoother and more stately.
However the buzz in the bars disappears once you go above 60-70.
I outfitted mine with Contibars ( at age 60 plus the crouch was not comfortable) and a Corbin (the stock seat is a minor disaster) and regularly do 400-mile trips.
The aftermarket Givis hang a bit out there widening the rear. Not the snug fit of the Geeper's bags..
Maintenance (valves, etc. ) is exactly similar to the GPz. Well no, the airfilter, airbox set up is different but no big deal.
Tire wear may be  a bit quicker but not alarmingly.
Hope this helps.
Randy from New Orleans.
BTW I am not aware of any fork mishbehavior