Stalling after long lay over

Kevin Hollis kh at bluefx.com
Sun May 30 12:56:46 PDT 2010

I'm just getting back on after the winter, and a season ticket on the
train.
(It's been a busy few months !!)

I've got her started but she's stalling at low revs, I can't get the
clutch fully out.
I almost pull away, with sliding the clutch but then stalls when I let
it out fully.
If I stick it up at 9-10,000 rpm it will go,but I'm in a small built up
area so I can't do that for more than a fraction of a second!
The back brake disk is hot, even though I've not really used it and have
only done a couple of circuits of the block,and our blocks are only ten
houses!

Would a seized back brake explain this behaviour ?
(I'm hoping that you say yes rather than 'no probably need to strip the
carbs'.)

I'll have a go at the brake tomorrow but some confirmation from
experienced mechanical types would be really useful.

Thanks
Kevin

1995 GPz 1100