was Fork brace, now RaceTech cartridge emulators

Marilyn Mason masonjs at nrtco.net
Thu Jun 30 05:28:44 PDT 2011

> Wow, that read like a country song... lol

Until I read this:  I was feeling sad about trying to get over to my cabin
on Hogg island on the Ottawa river.  I was about 200 meters off shore when
my Mercury outboard dropped to almost a stall.  I realized it wasn't pumping
any water so I returned home and put the Johnson on the boat.  I made it to
the island but when I went to leave I pulled the starter cord and it hung
out like a panting dog's tongue.  The recoil spring had broken after only 35
years of service.  I popped the lid off wrapped the rear mooring line around
the flywheel and started it up.  Fortunately I'd put new coils in it last
year or I would have been rowing 2 miles up stream.  $60.00 for a water pump
impeller and a recoil spring and an hours labour plus 1/2 hour swatting
mosquitoes and both motors are good to go.
"Drop Kick Me Jesus Through the Goal Posts of Life"  and other notable
country hits.

Jim  -- "Nevr kick a fresh turd on a hot day " -- Harry S. Trueman