Carb problems

Charles Scappaticci scapco at ecentral.com
Thu Apr 26 10:09:19 PDT 2012

Unfortunately, Kawasaki generally has the most expensive parts of the
four Japanese brands, so it hurts to pay retail for them.  Case in
point, several years back after I had a couple of premature battery
failures, I got frustrated and went to the dealer to order a new
factory battery since the OEM batteries (Japanese manufactured) have a
reputation of lasting a lot longer than the aftermarkets.  He looked
it up in his system and then ordered a battery through Yamaha as they
have a couple of models that use the same battery.  The parts guy
confirmed that when parts are interchangeable, they use Yamaha parts
because of the price difference.  And, my battery has lasted six years
so far and is still going strong.

Charles S.