Engine will not operate off choke.

masonjs at nrtco.net masonjs at nrtco.net
Wed Oct 3 11:05:00 PDT 2012

This has nothing to do with the GPz.
 I don't know how many of you still run 2 stroke outboard motors.
Marilyn picked me up a liter of 2 stroke oil from WalMart.  After
mixing it I found both my Mercury 20 and my Johnson 9.9 ran like shit.
 I assumed bad gas and mixed up another 5 gallons/25 liters with
Kendal oil.  The Mercury cleared up and is running great.  I took the
remainder of the Kendal oil and poured it into the Walmart
bottle--mistake.  In very small print on the back of the Walmart
bottle it claims the oil is good for all 2 strokes except outboard
motors.  I've never seem this before.  Now I have 9 gallons of fuel
for my weed wacker and chain saws plus a liter of combined oil that
will only be good to mix another 10 gallons of weedwacker/chainsaw
fuel.  This should last me for about 6 years.

Jim