Need a new battery again!

JOHN SOLIDAY johnsoliday at msn.com
Wed Apr 24 08:57:28 PDT 2013

I agree that the topping off is the sign of a minor problem at best.  The charging systems of our GPZ are not the most sophisticated and IMHO that tend to overcharge and boil the acid.  Interesting note is you really shouldn't top them off with acid as what is boiling off is the water vapor.  If you put distilled water in, the acid pH will remain constant, if you top off with acid the acid pH has to get more acidic so it can't be good for the cells.
YMMV,
John