Alaska or bust!

via GPZList gpzlist at micapeak.com
Mon Aug 4 09:18:51 PDT 2014

> 1. We used to have speed limits of 70, 60 on major highways.  This
> changed with the gas crisis and introduction of the metric system in
> the late 1970s.  The power that be thought they were fooling us when
> we were told we could drive 80, & 90 kph.
2. No.  The low speed limit signs are perceived as a challenge. We
want to feel like criminals and the police can't be bothered stopped
anyone running 15 km over the posted limit   Not like riding through
the Aderondacks and being flashed by a state trooper's roof rack while
doing 57 mph in a 55. Go to Quebec where the speed limit and drinking
age are merely a suggestion.
3.I thought it was more like 10% if you're on a bike.
4. I don't know why, but have also wondered that.
5. Frost heaves and lack of maintenance--ride in New England back
roads--same feeling in your forearms..
6. Sold Ruby in 2008.  Can't remember what I had for breakfast let
alone what happened over 1/2 a decade ago.
7. I've made more that one stop in the US of A in the bush.  You don't
want to have this plight on the prairies.  You have to run until
you're hidden by the curvature of the earth by that time you've loaded
you pants..
8.90s??? Hell try the 70's.  Most of these rest stops had fuel,
lodging and a restaurant that was licensed to sell alcoholic beverages
(their main source of income.  When the drinking and driving laws were
stiffened up and enforced these stops weren't very profitable.  Most
were sold to the underwriters after the mysterious fire because they
couldn't figure out how to start a flood.
9. I've wonder the same thing the farther south I go in the USA.  The
is the reason the "Tooth" brush was in vented in Arkansas--Any other
place it would have been a TEETH brush.
10. I don't know.  I don't drink this coffee.  I have Crones disease
see last sentence #7.

That's best I can do with the time and money allotted.

Glad you had a good trip.

Jim