safety hint--learn from experience or better still someone else's experience

masonjs at nrtco.net masonjs at nrtco.net
Fri Aug 8 05:32:02 PDT 2014

I rode to Penetanguishene to return  a lap top to my daughter.  While
there I put on a pair of running shoes with long laces and rode a
couple of kilometers to see an old friend.
When I came up to a stop sign I went to put my feet down and found the
lace of my left foot was wrapped around the shift lever.   I dropped
the bike.  Fortunately I was stopped but its still going to cost me
$25.00 for a clutch lever.  I tucked the laces into the shoes and went
back to my daughter's place for my boots.
Other than that it was a nice 850 km round trip.  I'll just have to
remind myself not to got though the Muskoka Lakes district in mid
summer.  Even mid week Bala, Port Carling and Bracebridge were jammed
with tourists.  I agree with the statement "If its tourist season
--Why can't we shoot them"??

Jim