Fwd: Isle of Man trip

Drew Blanchard drewblanchard at gmavt.net
Mon Jun 30 06:14:28 PDT 2014

(just found this floating in my "drafts" folder from a week ago)

The Wife and I are finally taking our honeymoon (13 years later), spending
almost 2 weeks in Ireland. Today, though, was devoted to the Isle of Man,
where we rented a Focus ST and drove the full route of the TT course. We
met some incredible people, including one old time racer working with the
BBC documenting races of the 60s and 70s.  The weather was truly
spectacular, the views amazing, and the day was all I hoped it would be.
Learning to drive stick left handed was interesting, but got easy fairly
quickly.  It was difficult to find many spots where we could safely stop
and take pictures, but I'll try to attach a few below. If they don't go
through I'll have to wait until I have access to something better than my
phone (which will be another week or so).

Driving the course gave me a new appreciation for the skill nerve and
insanity of TT riders.  Just driving our car at a, um, brisk pace was ...
stimulating.

What a day!

Drew in VT

Sent from a mobile device.