Possible problem or problems

dominatr37 dominatr37 at optonline.net
Wed May 7 14:23:51 PDT 2014

I just took the GPZ out for a day ride and came back with two issues.

1) I noticed a few weeks ago that my horn was not blowing. I checked for
voltage at he wires found I had it and bought a new horn and installed it.
It all seemed good . Today I took it out beeped it once then noticed it
wasn't working.It did work on and off during the day.

2) I also noticed today that my temperature gauge was not working
correctly.It never got up to normal operating temperature and would go up
and down when I revved the motor. I looked at the reservoir and it seemed to
have anti-freeze in it, I mean I saw green. There was no water leaking
anywhere on the bike and it ran perfectly fine. The guy riding with me said
he saw nothing leaking from the bike.

Now I'm not sure if I have some sort of grounding issue that's affecting
both the horn and the temp gauge. Either that or I really have two different
issues going on. I'll wait until the next nice day and strip the fairing off
looking for things that could be affecting everything.  Perhaps I have a
leak somewhere and never noticed it until now, but I don’t know.

Ralph L. Angelo, Jr.
Author of cool stuff.
http://RLAngeloJr.com