set of carbs for sale?

Drew Blanchard drewblanchard at gmavt.net
Fri Jul 10 12:46:45 PDT 2015

Greetings!

Well, for the second time in 3 years my ’96 GPz is hydro locked.  One of
the needle valves won’t seat properly, allowing fuel to drip into a
cylinder over night.  Doesn’t leak much - but it’s enough.  Petcock is
working fine - it’s the fuel in the line that drips in.  No way to install
a shutoff one the body of the carb itself - which is the only way to truly
keep fuel out.

Replacing the needle doesn’t fix the problem, as the seat itself is worn -
and is part of the carb body  (seriously?  Thanks, Kawasaki).

Anyone parting out their bike?  What I really need is a full set of carbs.
The guys at my local shop are scouring other dealers and the InterWeb for a
used set, but I thought I’d ask the listserv for help, too.

*sigh*

And I sooooo love that bike ....  We just bought a new house, so trading in
Barry for a newer, fuel injected bike isn’t gonna happen, either.

Drew in VT