Re: all in French but still nice. Schau dir "Pour une pratique sécurisée de la circulation inter-files" auf YouTube an

Ped gpz1100abs at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 22:11:45 PST 2016

This has been discussed here for years. Some thought it was legal while
some others (car drivers mainly) thought it was highly illegal and
should be severely punished, preferably at least with the death penalty
;) It's only within the last year or so it was established from the
highest authority that it is actually legal - if it's done in the right
way. In Denmark you can NOT ride between lanes as shown in the French
example, but you are welcome to overtake the vehicles in your own lane
on their left side, provided there is enough space between the vehicle
and the white line. If you cross the white line into the lane to the
left of you at a speed faster than the traffic in the left lane, you are
considered overtaking traffic in the left lane on their right side,
which is highly illegal, heavily fined and results in a point on your
license (three points and the license is gone). Funny it should take
years to reach this conclusion because is not based on a change in
legislation nor a temporary experimental permit - it's merely an
interpretation of the existing legislation. In practice riding between
lanes is (of course) also used in Denmark, also by myself if traffic has
come to a halt, but I'm very careful when doing that. Unlike in Germany,
where car drivers often will provide space if they spot motorcycles in
their mirror, Danish car drivers will often attempt to do just the
opposite and block the passage...! So careful if you should ever come
here on two wheels. Danish car drivers are famous (or notorious) for
standing on what they consider being their rights, and unfortunately
road rage is not uncommon here. Actually my wife and I have once had to
seek refuge in a police station to avoid a guy who was trying his best
to kill us i the traffic (we were driving a small car and was unable to
outrun his Mercedes).

Ped
'96 "Black Stealth" GPZ
Denmark