front turn signal Q

Drew Blanchard drewblanchard at gmavt.net
Sun Jun 5 12:58:19 PDT 2016

I put Barry (the custom blue ’96) on Fleabay and Craigslist the other day
and got a bunch of responses.  Sadly, one way or another it needs to go
away soon.

Anyway.

I’d been riding it with no problems, so was confident when I pulled it out
of the garage the other day to show it to a potential buyer.  To my
embarrassment, I found the left front turn signal dangling.  I assumed it
would be a quick reattachment, but when I looked more closely I found the
rubber surround thingie cleanly torn, and no evidence there was anything
broken inside.  Am I missing something?  Is that rubber piece the only
thing that affixes the front turn signals to the bike?  Neither the full
service manual nor the exploded parts diagrams at Bike Bandit show there’s
anything else that more securely affixes the signal stalk.

No evidence anything other than time was involved in creating the spit in
the rubber piece, and no evidence anything else is involved in remounting
the signal/light to the nose fairing.

But this seems weird.

Drew in VT