20 years later - GPZ After Thoughts

Alexander Finger af at genevainformation.ch
Mon Jun 26 12:55:42 PDT 2017

She's been sitting in the garage for almost a year - on my first real
vacation day this year I took her out, dusted her off, washed and polished
and put the battery back on the charger after a test run using my car to
get her to run.

The "new" bike in the garage is the 2016 Africa Twin (AT), which is nothing
but a childhood dream. The AT handles extremely well and is easy to ride -
I took her to Ticino and back last week, some 800 kms in two days. But
damn, I miss the BANG a bit. So time to get the GPZ insured (collectors
insurance for bikes > 20y)!

A word to italy - it sucks.  Simplon - sucks. Avoid it. The descent is
limited to 60km/h. Stay in Switzerland and France ;)

cheers
Alex

×

​