[EXTERNAL] 2019 Maintenance and Riding

Papenfuss, Steven R. Steven.Papenfuss2 at va.gov
Tue Jan 15 13:24:00 PST 2019

1995 GPZ1100

-----Original Message-----
From: GPZList [mailto:gpzlist-bounces at lists.micapeak.com] On Behalf Of Papenfuss, Steven R.
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2019 1:38 PM
To: Papenfuss, Steven R. <Steven.Papenfuss2 at va.gov>
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] 2019 Maintenance and Riding

My girl is still going. At 90,000 miles I have an oil leak to chase down. Probably the valve cover gasket. I need to check the valves anyway. I installed an in-line gas shut off valve as my petcock is wonky. I did put a K&L rebuild kit in it but, I still don't trust it. I still keep overloading my Ventura luggage rack so I have to repair that from time to time. I had to fix my ignition switch to fix a charging problem. I installed magnets in the gas tank as well as a fuel filter to help with rust in the gas tank. I'm planning on retirement this year so I won't be traveling to work in Cheyenne WY. Loveland CO is not that far a ride. So, I might not be using it much.