Brake woes

Alexander Finger af at genevainformation.ch
Sun Jun 30 08:58:44 PDT 2019

Hello my friends,
I did not want to let the warmth go without taking the GPZ out for an
hour..so I went up the Salève. On top of the Hill the front brake did not
free up after breaking; it staid in a blocking position for some time; I
pulled the lever a couple of times and with some mechanical noise the brake
loosened. And did not work anymore (I could pull the lever, no resistance).
I saw smoke around the brake but could not make out any damage (I could
only get off the bike later..).
I descended slowly and the brake gained "power" again;  once on a level
ground I stopped the bike to inspect the damage. The only thing I could see
was that the area where the brake line connects to the brake, everything
was squeaky clean (on the right side, the left side was in proper dirty
condition).
- It was very warm for our region
- I did not abuse the brake
- I had some altitude (3000ft)
Could it be that the brake fluid got "too hot" and finally the joint let go?
What's your thoughts?
Thanks
Alex

http://alexfinger.ch for pgp key etc