[BaseCamp] map zoom-in height indication (altitude)

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Tue Feb 10 16:29:22 PST 2015

Warren - Thanks, but not what I'm in search of.  The slider is on the map
and your direction does indeed turn it on or off, or leave it to come on
automatically when the mouse hovers over it.  The only way that slider bar
discloses your altitude while viewing the map is by having your mouse on it
to run it as zoom in or zoom out.  What I'm looking for is a readout window
that is on the tool bar itself.  Prior to this update I had such a window
on the tool bar so that when I zoomed in or out with my mouse the altitude
numbers in that window would change automatically.    It would tell me if I
was 800 feet above the surface or 5 miles, or whatever my altitude was.
I'd like to get that window back on my tool bar but have no idea how. Or if
it is even possible to get back.