[BaseCamp] Session Today

saddlesore904 at comcast.net saddlesore904 at comcast.net
Sat Jan 31 12:08:37 PST 2015

Thanks for setting up this session today. It was time well spent.

A couple questions while still fresh in my mind........

    * Maura's page set up hides the N arrow and the zoom buttons. I am missing them somewhere?

    * The sort features were mentioned in Denver, but I missed something in Maura's presentation then on how she got started. This session filled in those blanks.

    * I'm used to the Basecamp default page orientation like Tim's. I can find the sort feature under the view tab and the icons at top and bottom corners of the box on left where waypoints are listed, BUT I cannot find the other columns .......Lat Lon, Elevation, etc. I want to insert rally point values in place of elevation as we where shown today. I've been using ez-bake to create more meaningful names once issued a rally pack. I'm not very good with excel and the process is cumbersome with opportunities for errors at every turn.. If I flip screen views to the one Maura uses the addl fields show up. Can I see this addl sort data in the default screen view ???

    *
Can Basecamp duplicate or otherwise produce similar output to ez-bake ?? If so, I would PAY and fly to the left coast for such training. 50 others would probably join me.

    * Finally, a participant shared another way to create a shaping point, but I could not understand what button he pressed after selecting the arrow button to then drag the route to create the new point. I sounded like he was saying the "old" or "hold" key.

Larry in Jax, FL