[BaseCamp] getting Lat and Lon from GEP to BC

Steve Jones stevejones at spjones.com
Sun Jul 26 09:18:18 PDT 2015

The GE placemark technique works perfect, with the slight hassle
factor that the icon is placed at the center of the screen.  You need
to be sure your target is centered, or drag the placemark to the
desired location if that's not close enough for you.

The "new" Google Maps has a feature that works well too and you don't
need to worry about centering or moving anything.

Just place the pointer on the spot you're interested in and right-click.

A dropdown box will appear with 5 choices, click the middle choice
which says "What's here?"

Then a little window will open up on the top left, with the lat/lon
values available to select/copy.

Depending on what I'm doing sometimes I prefer GM to GE, so it's
convenient to have an alternative method to grab coordinates.

Regards,

Steve Jones, St. Louis, MO
IBA# 25444
King of the Ferries: http://ridetoeat.com/ferry