[BaseCamp] getting Lat and Lon from GEP to BC

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 13:42:06 PDT 2015

Hi
As I travel throughout PA, I am photographing war memorials to submit for
potential Tour Of Honor sites for future years.  Typically the memorial is
off the road and a distance from my handlebar mounted GPS device.  Once I
photograph the memorial, I also photograph the GPS screen showing me the
Lat/Lon of where I am parked (not necessarily where the memorial is  --
close but not exact).  When I get home I open Google Earth Pro, type in
that Lat/Lon from my GPS screen photo and get flown in to where I was
parked.  Then I search for the memorial.

I am able to exactly pin point the memorial with GEP, as I zoom in as close
as possible.  I see the Lat and Lon read outs in the lower right hand
corner of the screen.

Is there any way to capture those Lat and Lon readings so that I can then
input them into BaseCamp using Find>Locate Coordinates?  Maybe some version
of a copy and paste method??   Currently I'm using the old school method of
holding my cursor on the memorial while in GEP, writing down the Lat and
Lon, and then going into BC and typing those coordinates in by hand so that
I can get a waypoint pin pointed on the memorial.  Most of the time I get
the numbers written down and re-typed properly, but dyslexia can put me
into another state or country very easily.  LOL

Any thoughts?
Joe Y
western PA