[BaseCamp] has Find Address changed?

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Fri May 1 06:07:12 PDT 2015

Admittedly, I don't use Find>Find Addresses all that much, but when I do ,
I need it.  Over the winter I didn't use it much.  Now I use it weekly for
errands, deliveries, etc....  So a few weeks ago I noticed the "look" of it
was different.    I wondered if BaseCamp changed it or if I inadvertently
changed a setting on my computer.  Any thoughts/ideas?

Previously, I would use the Select tool to narrow down my search area on
the map.  Then go to Find > Find Addresses and then type the street number
and street name portion of the address into the search box in the upper
right corner of the screen.  BC would then populate a list down the right
side of the screen from which I could choose the correct address that
matched what I typed into the search box.  And, I might add, BC came up
with this list exceedingly FAST.

A few weeks ago when I tried Find Addresses after not having used it all
winter, I saw a whole new look to it.  When I narrowed my search area on
the map using the Select tool and then clicked on FInd > Find Addresses,
BaseCamp automatically threw up a new column on the right side of the
screen that looks much like the old MapSource address search feature use to
look like.  It has a line for the street number, one for the street name,
one for the city, one for the zip, etc...  And the wait that I have for BC
to find any address, even wrong addresses unrelated to what I typed in,
seems like an eternity.  This morning I had to go to Google Maps, find the
address, then come back to BaseCamp and manually insert the waypoint flag
because BaseCamp would not find the address I needed (and it was only a few
miles away).

If this is a change to Find Addresses that BaseCamp made, I don't like it
at all.  Is there a way to go back to a previous version?

If this is caused by me inadvertently changing a setting on my computer in
BaseCamp, PLEASE, somebody help me undo that mistake.

Joe Y
western PA