[BaseCamp] BC and Google Earth Pro

-=maura=- moteramaura at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 00:07:29 PDT 2015

Google Earth disabled the ability of BaseCamp to open the files
directly. In May. They did not inform Garmin of this, Garmin developers
found out when people started complaining. It is not a BaseCamp
'feature'. Behavior is the same, GE and GE pro.

Start Google Earth and keep it open. After Google Earth has started, go
back to your BaseCamp screen, select View and then Google Earth.
You then have to switch screens to GE yourself. Everything will be
there, routes and waypoints. But you have to zoom in yourself, GE will
not zoom into it for you.

This works for me, just tested.

Maura
in
Vancouver, Canada

On 23/09/2015 5:39 PM, saddle sore wrote:
> I'm trying to view a BC route on Google Earth Pro.  I have the waypoints
> and the route all selected/highlighted, as well as in their very own List.
> I go to View>Google Earth>Selected Items.  A pop up window says "This
> feature requires Google Earth to be installed and running.  Please launch
> Google Earth and then try again."  Um, I already have Google Earth Pro
> running in the background.  Is there an issue with BC and Google Earth
> Pro?  Do I need to specifically be using Google Earth rather than Google
> Earth Pro?   I've tried viewing just the route selected.  I've tried
> viewing the route and the waypoints selected.  I've tried viewing the List
> (rather than Selected Items).  Each time BC says I need to launch Google
> Earth.   I'm not sure why BC isn't seeing GEP is launched and running
> already. Help.
>
> Joe Y.
> western PA

Maura