[BaseCamp] Saving Routes and Favorites

Eric Bray edb4378 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 17:59:00 PDT 2016

There are other choices as well:

1)  You can create a backup of your entire database using File->Backup and
take that file with you.  When you use Basecamp on another computer, you
can restore the backup.  This is what I do when I leave on a trip.  I
typically use my Desktop at home and use my laptop on the road.
2)  Brian Walters has written a blog entry on how he keeps his Basecamp
database in a cloud service like Dropbox.  No matter what computer of his
he opens Basecamp on, it has the most up to date database on it.  I would
only pursue this if you switch computers frequently.
3)  There is also the Garmin Cloud service.  Once you log in to myGarmin
within Basecamp, and then enable Cloud Service, there will be a cloud
storage line at the bottom of the list structure.  Just drag whatever you
want available on another computer to Cloud storage, and whenever you login
to myGarmin on another copy of Basecamp you will have those items
available.  The Garmin cloud service is not appropriate to save your entire
database to, but it works for small numbers of items.

Eric Bray
Alexandria, VA