[BaseCamp] delete waypoint - revert to default map

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 16:36:55 PST 2016

Baby it is COLD outside!!  I think my thermometer broke because it is not
registering any temperature. Yeah, zero.  So what better to be doing than
mapping a route on BaseCamp for when the cold snap goes away?

So, I've got the BMR zip code waypoints loaded in BC.  I'm selecting ones I
want to visit.  I'm finding the post office's actual address on
http://postofficefinder.org/    I paste that address into BC for finding
addresses and create a new (temporary) waypoint.  Then open the properties
box, take that lat/lon and paste it into the waypoint properties box for
the appropriate waypoint that is already loaded as part of the BMR zip code
list.  That's quick and easy.  The BMR waypoint then moves to the actual
street location of the post office.

Now for my question.  I select and delete that new temporary waypoint that
I just created.  It goes away but my map that I am working on suddenly
 goes from being zoomed in at 1 inch = 7 miles, to 1 inch = 50 miles.  I
have to manually zoom back in to the area I was working on.

Why is the map scale changing when I delete a waypoint?

I've tried quitting BC at the zoomed in level to see if it will save that
scale, but after every deleted waypoint it is backing out to 1"= 50 miles.
Thoughts?

Thanks, Joe Y
western PA