[BaseCamp] 2720 and waypoints

Jerry White jerrywhite518 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 12:29:53 PDT 2016

First off, I mistakenly said my GPS was a 2720 but it's actually a 2797. I
think they behave differently.

Already posted all the results on LDRider, but wanted to follow up on
Basecamp list in case you're not on LDRider.

When you transfer waypoints from Basecamp, they are called Favorites in the
GPS. (You probably already knew that.) In order to get Favorites to appear
in the map you have to a) have the "up ahead" layer turned on in Settings
.b) have a route active in the GPS. Then the GPS will display all kinds of
waypointy icons, not just your Favorites.

The waypoint icons in the GPS are not connected to the waypoint icons in
Basecamp. Everything displays as a green heart, no matter what icon is
assigned in Basecamp. You can change them manually one at a time in the GPS.

Thanks for the help.
Jerry