[BaseCamp] Map Updater

Stephen! ldrider at imagesdesavions.com
Sat Jun 11 16:17:27 PDT 2016

Because I have a 478 I cannot use Garmin Express.  I have to use Garmin Map Updater.

I have "Lifetime" maps for the 478.  Today I decided it was time to update (somehow it's been more than a year) so I open Map Updater from its desktop residence and I am presented with a "cannot connect to server" error.  In the past I've had issues with Map Updater but I remembered the last version I downloaded with the browser on that computer worked just fine.  So I went to the download history and launched from there.  All went well and I now have 2017.x on that computer.

I got curious and tracked down the location of that historical download and lo-and-behold, it was the one on the desktop after all...  For some reason it worked that one time launching it from the browser history.

Now, no matter how I try to launch it, the splash screen comes up for a few seconds followed shortly by the "connect to the internet, Stupid!" error and it will not load again....

Since I will be using GMTK to update the other computers, it's no big deal right now, but I do need it to work the next time I want to update....

Any ideas?

(Basecamp content: This is how I update my maps for Basecamp)

--
Life begins at the edge of your comfort zone.