[BaseCamp] Basecamp & maps on memory stick

Maura moteramaura at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 20:20:46 PDT 2016

BaseCamp only. You need to move your own databases separately , and you
need maps in addition - on the SDCard or on a plugged in GPS.

Note users of legacy units like 276c 376c 478 26xx 27xx etc. BaseCamp
cannot read maps off these GPS units.  They can  download / upload
waypoints, routes etc , they just don't work for map reading function.

Before I got my zumo, when running with two 478s, I carried a cheap pocket
nuvi with lifetime maps and BC on its SD card  as a backup if I ever needed
to get up and running fast after a laptop failure.  It allowed me to run BC
on any computer anywhere in less than a minute. Not the most elegant
solution, but it worked for me. Now I have the zumo , so no longer need the
nuvi.

Maura
In
Vancouver, Canada