[BaseCamp] Mieage mismatch in route detail v. ruler

Steve Bracken twigg2324 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 13:13:11 PDT 2016

BaseCamp is restricted by the info on the Navteq mapping.

In most cases this is accurate enough to rely on, but there are instances
where it is not.

For example, BaseCamp will assume you can maintain the average posted speed
limit of the roads it routes down. That is fine in many cases, but hit the
mountain roads in West Virginia, it is very much not fine. Equally, many
backroads inTexas are posted at 70 mph ... and good luck with that.

You develop a feel for this as your experience of routing and riding
increases, but it can still catch you out at times.

Steve Bracken