[BaseCamp] shaping point icon

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Thu Apr 6 06:18:48 PDT 2017

When adding a shaping point to an existing route, depending on where you
place it sometimes BC has a black dot as the display icon (where there is
nothing there) and sometime BC has a specific display icon (where there is
a default point of interest already in BC's memory banks).  If I want my
shaping point at a specific place but do not want the default display icon
that BC forces me to use because of its POI, how can I change that shaping
point display icon to a simple black dot?

There does not seem to be a properties box for the shaping point like there
is for a waypoint, which gives access to changing the display icon.
Shaping points seem to only have the edit box, which allows changing
departure/arrival times.  What am I missing?

Thanks,  Joe Y.
western PA