[BaseCamp] tracks converted to routes

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 05:34:27 PST 2018

Viewing a track on BaseCamp, I see the track points (via points??) as black
dots along the track.  Converting the track to a route, then opening the
properties box, none of those track/via points are converted to waypoints
except the beginning and ending points.  Yet, the turn by turn directions
indicate every track/via point registered in the track to route
conversion.  The map will show that the route line follows the track line
exactly.  But the properties box does not give me that confidence.

Is there a way to get those track/via points to become waypoints?  Since I
use older GPS devices, for now, I am manually dropping in enough waypoints
onto the route to ensure my device does not 'recalculate' and get me off
the intended route, which is the original track.

Thanks,  Joe Y

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>