[BaseCamp] Google Earth Pro.....?

Carroll carrollwalker at cox.net
Tue Feb 20 18:09:02 PST 2018

Well, it's me again looking for WOTL...has anyone played around with what
seems to be a new release of Google Earth or Earth Pro.  I'm not sure if
Google calls it Earth or Earth Pro but I cannot do much with it.  There was
a feature with the old Earth Pro that gave you the option of looking at
photos that were posted by other individuals.  This was interesting because
I could go to a point on the map somewhere near a WayPoint and see photos
and details of the terrain near these locations other than the photos taken
from the camera-car.

Several weeks ago this feature (photos posted by individuals) was
discontinued and a pop-up tries to steer you to another "Layer" on what I
think is the new Google Earth Pro.  I'm not sure about any of this because I
can't get any of it to work.  If anyone can enlighten me on this new Google
Earth,  I would like to hear about it.

BTW, I can still fly from the center of the screen in BaseCamp to the same
point in Google Earth so I am hoping that Garmin does not drop this feature
if we are giving a new Google Earth!!

Carroll Walker