[BaseCamp] Question of screen brightness

DENNIS O'DELL denniscodell at icloud.com
Tue Jun 19 13:15:18 PDT 2018

Not knowing what you or your daughter are interested in I can offer this:

In Southern Germany
Nürnberg is a medium sized city in the state of Bavaria. The main attraction for visitors is the Alt Stadt (old city center), both for shopping and history. Nürnberg is a very old city and was a very important trading center in the Middle Ages. The Nürnberg Castle is well over one thousand years old. The Nürnberg Trials, of course, were held here and the court room in the Justice Center is open for tours, as well as what is now called the Documentation Zentrum (Documentation Center). This was the area where you probably have seen old films of the Nazi Rallies. There are several interesting museums in the Alt Stadt. Plenty of good restaurants- both traditional Bavarian food and everything else under the sun.

Munich is the capitol of Bavaria and a much larger city, and more of a tourist destination. The BMW Museum is very good for both the cars and motorcycles, as well the Deutsches Museum, which is a technology museum. Lots of shopping and good restaurants.

In Northern Germany
Berlin is the capitol of Germany and the cool place for young people from all over the world to go to and try to make a living in either technology or the arts. Plenty of history here. Museums galore, lots of night life, lots of shopping. If you go to Berlin, go to the KaDeWe Department store. It’s a spectacle to behold. Go to the sixth floor (I think it’s the sixth) gourmet food court. A river cruise is also a nice way to see the center of Berlin. There is plenty to do in Berlin.

Hamburg is a lovely city, but I don’t know my way around there very well. I need to visit more. Google will help.

Hope this is helpful.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/With best regards,

Dennis C. O'Dell
denniscodell at icloud.com
Mobile: +49 (175) 855 6663
Home: +49 911 277 45370
Skype: diggertfu
Hochstrasse 19
Nürnberg 90429
Germany

"Laughter and Tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to Laugh since there is less to do afterwards."
- Kurt Vonnegut