[BaseCamp] Google Earth Pro

Stephen! ldrider at imagesdesavions.com
Sat May 19 11:48:08 PDT 2018

> Does this version still integrate with Basecamp?

I've been using GEP since the first day the free key was released.  It integrates just fine.  No need to have it open, no need to export kml files.  Simply click View > Google Earth > Selected Items/xxx/Center of Screen (where xxx is the folder/list you have selected).

Some folks had issues early on but there was a fix (not a work-around) published early on.  Apparently, according to Garmin, no work around is available for the latest version and their only answer is the "Save a kml file" route.  Fortunately I never needed to fix anything, it just worked.

P.S.  I am running GEP 7.1.2.2041 and am avoiding the "Upgrade" being offered every time GEP loads.  It works just fine (even if the new "Photos" layer is a piece of shit).  I still have the install file for this version.  If anyone is interested, I can make it available.

--
There is no need to tailgate me when I am doing 50 in a 35...  and those flashing lights on top of your car look ridiculous.