[BaseCamp] test

Ken Thompson kwthom at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 8 13:58:18 PDT 2019

 At the time I was mucking about learning BC, I'm certain that I didn't readily find the information referenced in the message below.  To be honest, not certain that I knew it existed, or if it did, where it may have been squirreled away within the bowels of the Interwebs.

I did find the information provided by the New England Riders group.  I mean, it worked and I have a rudimentary understanding of BC - enough that I was able to plot my 48 State trip last year using it...and able to then dump into the Goldwing GPS with a little bit of extra massaging needed.

What I found very confusing...and I'm probably in the minority...but the tutorial was based 2500 miles away!  ;)  So, I finally had to have two windows up - one with the tutorial and one with locations closer to home to work thru the exercises.  It was really about the only way I was going to fully comprehend the 'why would you do this' types of exercises.

Now, for a few that are on this list, it's rather 'old hat' to be able to do A, B, C then D and map your route in an unfamiliar area.  Sure, easy to do when you've done it dozens of times in the past.  For a neophyte (well, okay, most anyone with a pulse can map using Google Maps...) I thought I did okay.

--Ken
Tucson, AZ