[BaseCamp] Garmin 478 question

Greg Horodeck greghoro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 20:22:46 PDT 2019

Just got my Garmin GPSmap 478 back from repair. Bricked when I tried
updating internal map to 2019.2. After waiting almost a year, I sent to Palm
Dr. who replaced a chip and got it working again.

However, the permanently installed base maps were not part of the fix and I
am reaching out to owners of 478 to help me identify the base maps that come
with the unit.

For those not knowing how to determine the maps on their unit; one would go
to the map view, click the Menu button and scroll down to the Map
Information choice.

Thank you in advance.

Greg