[BaseCamp] WOTL: compatability with older Garmin units

Atkinson,John O John.Atkinson at edwardjones.com
Fri Feb 7 09:46:27 PST 2020

Hello all,

Basecamp newbie and first time poster here... thanks to Jerry White for the referral to this list from LDRider.

I've recently downloaded Basecamp on a new laptop and learned that my old Garmin GPSMAP478 and Streetpilot 2820 don't appear to function and provide the detailed maps to Basecamp, despite both having City Navigator loaded onto them.

Can anyone offer any thoughts as to why these wouldn't function with BC? I realize that both are no longer supported by Garmin and therefore I no longer have the ability to update maps on them through Garmin Express...is it a case of there being a certain "minimum-age" version of the City Navigator that is required and, if so, any way to get this other than through Express?

Thanks to Maura, I now have a new-to-me Zumo 395 on the way which, I understand, will give me the functionality needed to use BC. Just wondering if there's any hope for the older units as well.

Thank you in advance for any insights,

John Atkinson

Windsor, CANADA

John Atkinson, CFP®
Financial Advisor
Edward Jones
208 Lauzon Rd.
Windsor, ON  N8S  3L6
(519) 944-9080
www.edwardjones.com

If you are not the intended recipient of this message (including attachments) or if you have received this message in error, immediately notify us and delete it and any attachments.  If you do not wish to receive any email messages from Edward Jones, excluding administrative communications, please email this request to Opt-Out at edwardjones.com<mailto:Opt-Out at edwardjones.com> from the email address you wish to unsubscribe.  For important additional information related to this email, visit www.edwardjones.ca/disclosures/email.html<http://www.edwardjones.ca/disclosures/email.html> Edward Jones, 90 Burnhamthorpe Rd West Suite 902 Mississauga, Ontario Canada L5B 3C3 Edward Jones. All rights reserved

Si vous n’êtes pas le destinataire désigné de ce message (y compris des pièces jointes) ou si vous avez reçu ceci par erreur, veuillez nous en informer immédiatement et annuler le tout y compris les pièces jointes. Si vous ne voulez pas recevoir des messages par Internet de Edward Jones, excluant des communications administratives, veuillez envoyer cette demande par courriel à Opt-Out at edwardjones.com<mailto:Opt-Out at edwardjones.com> à partir de l’adresse par courriel dont vous voulez annuler la souscription. Pour d’autres détails importants relatifs au présent courriel, visitez www.edwardjones.ca/fr/divulgations/email.html<http://www.edwardjones.ca/fr/divulgations/email.html> Edward Jones, 90 Burnhamthorpe Rd West Suite 902 Mississauga, Ontario Canada L5B 3C3 Edward Jones. Tous droits réservés.