[BaseCamp] route not following roads

saddle sore ironbutter at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 07:32:33 PDT 2020

My usual process of setting up a route is to load waypoints onto my laptop
without any GPS device attached, and then connect the dots to get a route
in BaseCamp.  This is all done solely on the laptop.  On the laptop
BaseCamp formerly put the route exactly over whatever road I was to use.
Then I would attach my device and transfer the waypoints and routes.
TA-DA, easy peasy.

I have now just noticed that when I load waypoints and connect the dots for
a route, the route shadows the road.  Rather than lay the route exactly
overtop the road, the route is now some distance off the road.  This is
something completely new that is happening.  The designated route does seem
to follow the specific twists and turns of the road exactly, but off of the
road a distance rather than right on it as before in BaseCamp.

Why?  Any idea what might have changed?  I have not changed anything (that
I know of).  I'm concerned how this may impact how the GPS guides me once I
transfer the waypoints and routes to my device and head out riding.

I use the base map City Navigator North America NT 2021.1.  And I have
BaseCamp version 4.7.2.  I have used both of these for a while now and this
"shadowing" issue has only just now erupted.

Thanks, Joe Y.
western PA

Virus-free.
www.avg.com