[BaseCamp] BaseCamp on Linux ??

Gregg Lenentine gregg.lenentine at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 18:41:42 PST 2021

On Tue, Feb 9, 2021, 01:31 Sam <sam at beckysam.com> wrote:

> Also, I do not agree with the negative opinion of Virtual Box. Linux
> (Ubuntu or
> Mint, my preference, which is built on Ubuntu) runs perfectly well in as
> little
> as 2 gig memory. The other 2 gig in you system can be given through
> Virtual Box
> to run Windows 7 very well at near native speed. Win10 is another matter
> though. I easily run 2 or three simultaneous VB systems on my 8 gig memory
> - but
> simultaneous disk access is where they all slow down (even with KVM).

My "negative opinion" as you penned it about VB was specifically made with
Win10 in mind because, well frankly, MS has deprecated every previous
version and is actively moving older OS users to Win10 on a free upgrade.
XP also ran quit well under VB but I wouldn't encourage its use because....
You know... It's dead.