[BaseCamp] New Garmin stuff: Zumo XT, Explore app, Drive app

Bill Norris bnorris at hotmail.com
Wed May 5 12:24:51 PDT 2021

Jerry,

I have been using my XT since last summer and really like it. Great
screen, good pairing with iPhone and Sena SMH10, even the onboard music
is decent. While I had reservations about the security of the handlebar
mount included in the kit the unit has never come off in the 10K+ miles
I've had it.

Regarding the Garmin Drive app, I really really like the waypoint/route
transfer feature for quick uploads of my day rides and tour rides. I
save the GPX in Basecamp, then upload that to iCloud on the PC, then
download it on my iPhone, and lastly Share it with Drive. When the XT
and iPhone pair up the app automatically uploads it to the GPS. However
for rallying I prefer to use the USB cable connection for better control
of the data via Basecamp and it's quicker..

I haven't tried the Explore app as I am firmly embedded in Basecamp.

Hope this helps ya.

Bill